About the Texas Rally for Life
Join Governor Greg Abbott and thousands of Texans at the Texas Rally for Life on Saturday, January 27, at the Capitol in Austin. Show the media and our elected officials that Texas is PRO-LIFE! The 2018 Texas Rally for Life will commemorate the 45th anniversary of the tragic Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision in 1973, which made abortion legal throughout all nine months of pregnancy. In the wake of Roe, legal abortion in our nation has claimed the lives of more than 60 million unborn children and has hurt countless women and men.
The Rally will feature pro-life speakers and leaders from across the state, including:
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott.
- State Senator Charles Schwertner, author of SB 8.
- State Representative Cindy Burkett, sponsor of SB 8.
- Most Reverend Joe Vasquez, Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Austin.
- Reverend Tom Goodson, Pastor of Hillcrest Baptist Church.
- Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director and founder and CEO of And Then There Were None.
- Sarah Zarr, Students for Life of America.
- Deborah McGregor, Care Net Pregnancy Center of Central Texas.
- Dr. Brian and Kathy Seastrunk, San Antonio Coalition for Life.
- Dr. Joe Pojman, Texas Alliance for Life.
Your presence will reaffirm recent sensational pro-life gains accomplished the state legislative sessions in 2017:
- The passage of 10 pro-life bills including Senate Bill 8 to shut down Planned Parenthood’s trafficking of baby body parts,
- The continued funding for the Alternatives to Abortion program, and
- The continued defunding of Planned Parenthood.
Plan to attend. Organize a bus or carpool of people from your church, youth group, or local pro-life organization to come. Individual signs will be provided, but bring a banner from your church, youth group, or pro-life organization.
- 12 PM — Ministry Fair at 17th St and North Congress Avenue
- 1 PM — March to the Capitol
- 2 – 3 PM — Rally on the South Grounds of the Capitol